TOTAL WIRELESS Total Wireless
TOTAL WIRELESS Total Wireless
TOTAL WIRELESSTotal Wireless by Wireless Billing
Activating Your 4G LTE Phone - Existing Customers This guide is for current Total Wireless customers who purchased a 4G LTE phone. If you're a new Total Wireless customer, refer to the Activating and Setting Up 4G LTE Phone Guide for New Customers. Note: If you're upgrading from iPhone® to a non-Apple phone, you should turn off iMessage® before activating your new phone. Before activating your device, watch the activation video, then check below to make sure you've got everything you need. CONTINUE Activating a tablet or hotspot? Get started Activating an iPhone? Get started Using a phone you already own? If you brought your own phone, you'll need a Total Wireless SIM Starter Kit, which contains a new SIM card and an activation code. Buy a SIM starter kit here Phone Activation—What you’ll need Your phone Insert the mini SIM card and bTotal Wirelessery into the phone. Charge the phone so it's ready to use once it's activated. Your activation code Your activation code came with the activation booklet that came with your phone. You can retrieve your code (or get a new one) by dialing 1-844-874-5166. SIM card number 1. For security purposes, we ask that you complete a simple online authorization process. To complete the authorization process: 1. Select the mobile device you would like the authorization code sent to, and then tap Text Me the Code. A text message with the Authorization Code will be texted to that device. 2. Enter the Authorization Code in the confirmation overlay and tap Confirm. 2. Ensure your SIM card is compatible with your line by entering your SIM ID number and tap Check SIM Card. Note: If your device doesn't require a SIM card, you'll skip this step. • If you don't know how to find your SIM ID number, select your device type and operating system, and follow the instructions on the page. If you don't have a SIM card, tap Add to Cart to order one. You can also pick one up at a Total Wireless store. After receiving your SIM Card in the mail, or from a Total Wireless store, you can go back to the Activate, Switch, or Bring Your Own Device page in My Total Wireless and tap the Have a SIM Replacement from Total Wireless? Activate it here link, or the Activate SIM button, if one is present.
Save Contacts and Content from Your Old Device Note: If you have already backed up your contacts and content, go to Step 2. • Visit Total Wireless Contact Transfer Wizard and follow the instructions to save your contacts from your old phone. • Visit the Total Wireless Cloud Support Page to check if your phone is compatible with Total Wireless Cloud. o Update your equipment protection plan, if needed, and tap Confirm. Note: You'll only see this step if you previously had equipment protection or have recently upgraded. o If the device you're activating is not compatible with your current plan, you'll be asked to select a compatible plan. Select the plan you want and tap Confirm. o Review your changes and tap Confirm Changes. o Back up your contacts and media from your old device and tap Confirm. o To complete the activation, power your phone off. Insert your SIM card, and power it back on. ________________________________________ Was this helpful? • How do I activate a phone I used with another carrier on a new mobile number? To activate the device: o Go to the Bring Your Own Device page. o Enter your Device ID and tap Check Device. If you don't know how to find the Device ID for your phone, select the device type and operating system, and follow the instructions on the page.
• If you received a Total Wireless 4G LTE SIM card in the red "Getting Started" folder included with your shipment, snap the SIM card out of its holder without touching the gold electrical contacts. • If you did not receive a Total Wireless 4G LTE SIM card, remove the SIM card from your previous device without touching the gold electrical contacts. • Locate the SIM card slot or tray on your phone, usually under the bTotal Wirelessery or on one of the sides. Gently insert the SIM card, aligning the notched corner with image on the SIM card slot or tray. • For help installing your SIM card refer to our Device Specific Simulators, then choose your phone. 3. For the security purposes, we ask that you complete a simple online authorization process. 4. All replies • Re: how can I get an activation code? theartiszan Jan 2, 2016 7:15 PM (in response to gregd101) o Member Since: Jul 15, 2011 Only the SIM cards that were sold as prepaid activation kits that include time have activation codes that I am aware of. You can either stop by a store to activate it on a new prepaid account or purchase a SIM card activation kit for prepaid which will have instructions on activating online and a relevant code to activate it. A bare unused SIM card for post paid accounts will not have that information. theartiszanPillar of the Community I 221 points 5. To complete the authorization process: 0. Select the mobile device you would like the authorization code sent to, and then tap Text Me the Code. A text message with the Authorization Code will be texted to that device. 1. Enter the Authorization Code in the confirmation overlay and tap Confirm. 6. Enter your SIM ID number and tap Check SIM Card. • If you don't know how to find your SIM ID number, select your device type and operating system, and follow the instructions on the page. • If you don't have a SIM card, tap Add to Cart to order one. You can also pick one up at a Total Wireless store. Note: If your device doesn't require a SIM card, you'll skip this step. 7. Add additional devices, if applicable. 8. Tap Add a Line. 9. Choose a data plan and messaging plan for the device and tap Continue. 10. Add features to your plan and click Continue. 11. Add accessories for your device and tap Check out. 12. Enter your payment information and tap Validate. 13. Review your changes and tap Confirm Feature & Plan Changes. 14. Back up your contacts and media from your old device. 15. To complete the activation, power your phone off. Insert your SIM card and power it back on.
Activate, Switch or Bring Your Own Device FAQs Have questions about activating your device on your my Total Wireless account? You'll find the answers here, including: • Activating a device you're bringing to an existing line • Swapping two devices on your account • Backing up before you activate, then transferring your content General Information Collapse All 1. How do I activate a device on my line in My Total Wireless? To activate a device: 1. Go to the Activate, Switch or Bring Your Own Device page in My Total Wireless. 2. Tap Activate a Device on an Existing Line. 3. If you have multiple lines on your account, select the line you want to activate the device on. 4. In the Check Device step, we'll make sure the device you're activating is compatible with the plan and features on the line. If you've previously used this device on your account, select Yes and pick this device from the drop down. If this is the first time using this device on your account, select No. Enter your Device ID and tap Check Device. To learn how to find the Device ID for your phone, choose your device type and brand from the dropdown menus. 5. For the security of your Total Wireless account, complete the authorization process by providing your unique authorization code. We'll send the code to you in a text message. 6. Re: how can I get an activation code? tmo_mike_c Jan 3, 2016 10:34 AM (in response to gregd101) o Member Since: Jun 25, 2012 Hey gregd101, the fellas here have the right idea. Either calling in or heading to a retail store to activate your service would be the best bet. If you do need to call in, you can let the representative know you're wanting to activate a new prepaid plan and they can get this taken care of for you. Contact Us mike (tmo_mike_c)Nexus 5X Total Wireless Support is also on: o Like Show 0 Likes(0) 7. To complete the online authorization process: 1. Select which phone on your account you want the code sent to. 2. Tap Text Me the Code. Enter the code from the text message into the Online Authorization Code field and tap Confirm. Was this helpful? 2. How do I activate a phone I used before with Total Wireless on a new mobile number? To add a device you've used previously on your account: 1. Go to the Bring your own device page in My Total Wireless. 2. Tap Add a Device. 3. Select Yes when asked if you are adding a device used previously on your account, and then tap Next. 4. Select the device you want to activate and then tap Check Device. 5. For security purposes, select the device you want the Online Authorization Code texted to, and then tap Text Me the Code. A text message with the Authorization Code will be texted to that device. 6. Enter the Authorization Code in the confirmation overlay and tap Confirm. 7. Tap Add a Line. 8. Select a data and messaging allowance that's right for you and tap Continue. 9. Add additional storage and features for your device if you'd like and tap Continue. 10. Choose additional accessories for your device and tap Continue to Cart. 11. Confirm your order and tap Check Out. 12. Enter your payment information and tap Validate. My SIM card is not compatible. What do I do? New SIM cards are free. You can order one online while you're switching devices, or if you want to receive it the same day, you can pick it up at a local Total Wireless store. If you order it online, you can choose to receive it: • Next day by 10:30 AM • Next day by 8 PM • Two-day shipping (free) ________________________________________ Was this helpful? ________________________________________
8. In the Check SIM step we'll make sure your SIM card is compatible with your line. If your device doesn't require a SIM card or the previously used SIM card is compatible, you'll skip this step. Enter your SIM ID number and tap Check ID. To learn how to find your SIM ID number, tap Finding Your SIM Card and SIM ID. If you don't have a SIM card, tap Add to Cartto order one. 9. Select an equipment protection option and tap Confirm. You’ll only see this step if you previously had equipment protection or have recently upgraded. 10. If the device you're activating is not compatible with your current plan, you'll be asked to select a compatible plan. Select the plan you want and tap Confirm. 11. Review your changes and tap Confirm Feature & Plan Changes. 12. Back up your contacts and media from your old device. You've successfully activated the device. Why isn't my device compatible with my plan? If your existing data plan doesn't match new phone type you're trying to activate, you might have to purchase additional data for it. Examples are switching from a 3G to a 4G device or from a basic to a smartphone. Use our Data Calculator to help select the right amount for you. ________________________________________ Was this helpful?
You can also watch our How to Activate Your Device video for instructions. Notes: • These are instructions just for My Total Wireless. If you'd like more detailed activation instructions, enter "activate [device name]" (e.g., "activate G3") in the Search field on our website. Some of the first search results should be activation guides for the device title you entered. • Visit our Prepaid Plan FAQs to learn how to activate a prepaid device. • If you'd like to get a new device, refer to our Add a New Device FAQs. • If you have problems activating a device, call Customer Service. How do I receive the authorization code if my phone is lost or broken? If there are other phones on your account, you can choose to have the text message code sent to one of them. If there aren't, call Customer Service at . ________________________________________ Was this helpful? 3. I still have more questions... Don't worry, we've got you covered! • Browse our FAQs • Visit the Community Ready to make a switch? Got a new phone you want to swap for one already on your account? It's easy. 1. Be sure your new phone's bTotal Wirelessery is fully charged. 2. Keep your phone and its box handy in case you need information from them (don't worry, we'll point out where to look). 3. To complete the activation, you will need to log in to My Total Wireless using your username and password. This step must be completed using a laptop or desktop, only. Do not use a cell phone. If you are not the owner of the main account, log in and we'll help you request permission. 4. You can activate a different phone on your line, or you can move phones to another line on the same account. Total Wirelesshe end of your lease, you'll still need to return or purchase the original phone, even if it's active on another line. Get started Ready to join Total Wireless? You can buy a new phone and open your account in our online store. Start shopping. Already a customer? We need to know more about your account before you can buy online. Update my account info.
2. How do I switch devices between two lines on my account in My Total Wireless? You can switch devices between two lines on your account if you're the Account Owner or Account Manager. To switch devices between two lines on an account: 0. Go to the Activate, Switch or Bring Your Own Device page in My Total Wireless. 1. Tap Switch Active Devices. 2. Select the two devices you want to switch and tap Next. 3. If the two lines have different equipment protection options, they may not be compatible with the devices you're switching. If so, you'll be asked to update each line with a compatible equipment protection option. To update equipment protection: 1. Select the equipment protection option you want. 2. Tap Confirm. If the two lines have different plans, they may not be compatible with the devices you're switching. If so, you'll be asked to update each line with a compatible plan. How to Activate Your Device 0:00 / 3:07 Was this helpful? About Watch this video to learn how to activate a new device, or switch between devices, on your existing My Total Wireless account. To follow along step by step with the video, go to your My Total Wireless Activate or Switch Device page. You'll need to sign in first to get started. Once you've activated your device, check out Top 10 Things to Do With Your New Smartphone for valuable information on getting up and running quickly. Length: 3:07 Transcript How to: Activate or switch a device It’s easy to activate a new phone or swap one device for another online from your PC. 1. Go to tw.billing.ms/activation/ 2. Click the Get Started button 3. Sign in to My Total Wireless using your username and password 4. Follow the on-screen instructions Note: • Be sure your bTotal Wirelessery is fully charged. • Keep the box handy if you’re activating a new device in case you need information from it. Don’t worry; we’ll point out where to look. • Only an account owner or a person who is authorized to make account changes can complete an activation. If you’re not authorized, sign in and we’ll help you request permission. Step Remove the back cover from the phone you want to activate. You will need the numbers located on a sticker under the bTotal Wirelessery later on. Step Call Total Wireless customer service. The phone number is . Step Follow the prompts given to be directed to someone to help you activate your phone. Español How to Activate a Total Wireless Phone Over the Phone By Michelle Varsallona • Share • Share on Facebook • • • Thankfully, in a world where the internet reigns supreme, you can still resolve issues and have processes taken care of over the phone. Activating your new or used Total Wireless cell phone will be quick and painless when you activate it over the phone with Total Wireless's customer service. The representative will take you through the whole process step by step and help you resolve any issues along the way. Show Transcript ∨ Related Getting Started With Your New Smartphone [Video] Are you upgrading to a new smartphone? This video shows the steps to transition from your old phone to your new one. Length: 2:00 Activate / Switch Device FAQs [FAQs]
4. To update your plan: 1. Select the plan option(s) you want. 2. Tap Confirm. 5. Review your changes and tap Confirm Feature & Plan Changes. 6. Backup your contacts and media from your old device. 7. Reset both of your devices and turn them off. Tap Devices are off. 8. Tap Swap Devices. 9. Tap Yes to confirm both devices are off and you are ready to swap them. You've successfully switched devices between two lines on your account. Watch our How to Swap Phones on Your Account video to learn more.
3. I'm trying to activate a different device because my old device was lost or broken and I can't receive the text message code. What can I do? If there's another phone on your account, you can choose to have the text message code sent to one of those phones. If there aren't other phones on your account, you'll need to call Customer Service. 4. How do I back up and transfer my contacts and other items when activating or switching my device? You'll need to back up your contacts and other information on your original device. You can do this using one of the following methods: • Total Wireless Cloud - Use this method if your original and new devices are both compatible with Total Wireless Cloud. • Backup AssistantSM Plus - Use this method if your original or new device isn't compatible with Total Wireless Cloud. • Contact Transfer Wizard - Use this method if your original or new device isn't compatible with either option listed above. Before transferring your content, you'll need to activate the device you're going to start using, and then you can transfer your content from your original device to your new device. Learn how to transfer content if you're: • A new Total Wireless customer • An existing Total Wireless customer 5. Activating Your New or Certified Pre-Owned Device If you've received your device, select your manufacturer from the list below and then your specific device from our device selector page. Once you select your device, you'll be taken to our device support page where you'll find Activation Guides, Interactive Simulators, and other resources. • Apple® • BlackBerry® • Dell • Google • Kyocera • HTC • LG • Motorola • Nokia • Pantech • Samsung • Sony • Total Wireless - (Jetpack®, Total Wireless Ellipsis™ 7, Total Wireless Home Phone, Total Wireless 4G LTE Broadband Router with Voice) Preparing for Your Device If you haven't received your device yet: • Check your email: You'll receive order and shipment confirmation emails containing tracking and support information. • Watch this video to see how to prepare for the arrival of your device. o If you are an existing customer and need more information on backing up and transferring your content and media, visit our Transfer Your Contacts and Media Tool. o If you are a new customer and need more information on transferring your content and media, visit our Transferring Content - New Customers page. • If you haven't already, Register for My Total Wireless so you can manage your account online, use account analysis tools and more.
6. Can I switch phones between two numbers that are in use on different Total Wireless accounts? No, you can't switch devices with someone on another account while the lines are active. This option is only available for two devices on the same account. However, you can switch devices with someone on another account if you both deactivate the devices. 7. Can I switch to a phone that was used on a different Total Wireless account? Yes, if the device you want to switch to is no longer active on the account, you can switch to it. Activate your wireless device ________________________________________ Heads up! TOTAL WIRELESS GoPhone® is now TOTAL WIRELESS PREPAIDSM. New name. Same great service, network & value. Be sure to transfer your existing contacts, photos, videos, and personal data to your new device with TOTAL WIRELESS Mobile Transfer Total Wireless device Activate your device TOTAL WIRELESS PREPAIDSM (formerly GoPhone®) Activate your device Activate your Total Wireless device(s) Find device(s) to activate Enter the wireless number and the billing or shipping ZIP code for the device you're activating. Wireless number Reset text field Billing or shipping ZIP code Reset text field Activate your TOTAL WIRELESS PREPAIDSM
Enter device information Ready to go? Great! First, let’s enter your device SIM number, IMEI number, and service ZIP Code. SIM number Help for SIM number Need a SIM card? IMEI number Help for IMEI number Service ZIP Code Help for service zipcode ________________________________________ Want help? SIM card number Select your device type PhoneCollapsed Note: You won't be able to switch a device that was active on a different account if there's still a balance due on it or fraudulent activity associated with its Device ID. 8. Can I activate a device that was previously used with a different wireless carrier? It depends on the device you have. Visit our online activation page to check if your device is compatible. If so, you can also activate the device from this page. 9. How long after I activate a device or switch devices will I be able to use it? Typically, you'll be able to use the device within a few minutes. However, in some cases, it may take up to 24 hours. 10. Can I activate a new device online if I have a pending order on my account? No. If you currently have a pending order on your account, you won't be able to activate a new device online until the pending order is completed or removed from your account. Learn more on our Pending Orders Information page. An Account Owner or Account Manager can remove a pending order from an account online in My Total Wireless. Learn more about account access roles. Note: If a pending order is removed, then it's canceled and the order will have to be placed again.
Step Speak with the representative. The representative will walk you through activating your Total Wireless phone, including asking you for the specific numbers on the inside of the phone. If you do not currently have a Total Wireless wireless plan, the representative will give you the different plan options available for your phone. Step Conclude the activation. Once the activation is complete, you will be able to start up your phone and you should receive a signal immediately. The representative may ask you to boot it up while on the phone still just in case any troubleshooting is needed. The activation charge and any other plan changes/activation will show up on the cell phone's first bill the following month. My Total Wireless Support Using My Total Wireless to Activate a Phone - BYOD Have a phone that you want to activate on your account? No need to visit a store. We can help you activate it online today. You have two choices when you bring your own device onto a Total Wireless account: Activate a device with new service Simply go to the Bring your own device page. Follow the steps: 1. Check the Device and SIM IDs 2. Select a data plan that's right for you 3. Add features 4. Add accessories 5. Check out Activate a device on an existing mobile number Look for your SIM card number on the: • White label on the device package. It’s the number that starts with 89. • Small, rectangular card under the bTotal Wirelessery cover. 1. Turn off your device. 2. Remove the bTotal Wirelessery cover and bTotal Wirelessery. 3. Look for a small, rectangular card. 4. Find the number that starts with 89. Go to the Activate, Switch or Bring Your Own Device page in My Total Wireless and tap Activate. Select the line you'd like to make changes to. You'll be asked if you're activating a device that was previously used on your account. Select No, then follow the steps: 1. Follow the prompts to check the Device and SIM IDs 2. Update your protection plan, if needed 3. Update your plan, if needed 4. Back up your content 5. Check out You may have more questions. And we have answers below. Follow the steps, and in no time you'll be up and running with your phone. Considering upgrading to a brand new device instead? Get started shopping for the latest devices. Collapse All 4.
Activate your new phone or SIM Activate your phone or SIM card online if you purchased it with a new wireless or TOTAL WIRELESS PREPAID (formerly GoPhone) account, an upgrade, or added a new line. STEP-BY-STEP Learn how to activate new phone or SIM card and transfer personal data Find out if the phone or SIM is already activated We recommend using the SIM card packaged with your device. Verify the SIM card is installed and the device is turned on. Check if your device is already activated by placing a test call or try browsing the Web without using Wi-Fi. Insert SIM card 1. Go to Device Support. 2. Select, confirm, or change your device. 3. Select View All Solutions >Insert SIM Card. New phone or SIM card activation If after inserting the new SIM card you cannot make a call or browse the Web you’ll need to activate your new phone or SIM card online. 1. Go to Activate your wireless device. 2. COMMUNITY DISCUSSION 3. Re: Activate New Phone 4. ✔ Solved by kdfederer 5. wireless | Jul 19 2015 12:31 PM | 5857 Views 6. Once the new phone is activated, the SIM in the old one is deactivated and can no longer be used. Only if the SIM ...More 7. 8. et’s start your activation 9. It’s easy to activate your new phone or replacement device on the TOTAL WIRELESS network. You’ll need your device and a new SIM card. 10. Start by entering your device information below. 11. 13. SIM card ID (ICCID, CSN, or EID) 14. Reset text fieldHelp 15. How do I find my SIM card ID? 16. Device ID (IMEI) 17. Reset text fieldHelp 18. Continue 19. Need to order a SIM card? 0:00 / 3:07 Length: 2:19 Transcript Show Transcript ∨ ________________________________________ Was this helpful? 5. How do I activate my phone on my existing mobile number? To activate another device on an existing mobile number: 1. Go to the Activate, Switch or Bring Your Own Device page in My Total Wireless. 2. Tap Activate. 3. Select the device you are replacing, and tap Select Device. 4. When asked if you’re activating a device that was previously used on your account, select Yes, otherwise, select No if you're bringing it from another carrier and tap Next. 5. Enter your Device ID and tap Check Device. If you don't know how to find the Device ID for your phone, follow the instructions on the page. Let's get you up and running. Here's the rundown. STEP 1 Activate your device Everything you need to know about activating your device is right here on this page below. Once activation is complete, move on to steps 2 through 5 below. STEP 2Select your plan STEP 3Set up your account STEP 4Review your selection STEP 5Fund your account Still not sure where to begin? Dial 844-874-5166 to reach one of our activation specialists. • IPHONE • ALL OTHER PHONES • TABLETS & HOTSPOTS • BACK TO TOP Activating your Android, Windows, BlackBerry, and all basic phones
TOTAL WIRELESS - Activation portal to activate your bring your own device phone with Total Wireless SIM Card.
Total Wireless Department